Winding Down...

Urgh, not writing as much as I should! Sorry, sorry. To be truthful, as this trip is winding down so is my energy levels in general. I just haven't been that motivated to write lately. And there are still plenty of holes in this travelogue that need to be filled. I'll be plugging in a little more here and there, but I'm doubtful that I'll do it all...for the web-version at least.

Yes, since I am a zinester it means I will be making a zine of this trip. I'll be using some of the posts found on this blog, though I'll definitely be doing some rewriting and editing. And plenty of extras will be filled in, including the holes I've been talking about. Keep posted for more details.

So where am I now? I'm currently in Vancouver, BC where it's being nice and rainy. I left Massachusetts on Sunday October 9 and traveled three days to get here. It was long. And I had a crap experience crossing into Canada. But Vancouver has been good, though I haven't been doing much. I attended CanZine West yesterday, what a blast! It was packed, and I was busy for six hours selling Microcosm goods. Well worth the trip.

I stay in town until Wednesday night, head to Seattle for two days, and I'll be home in Portland on Friday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Left any Microcosm catalogs in Vancouver? If so, where can they be found?

I bought stuff from you at Canzine. I gave a copy of the Microcosm catalog to the guy giving away free BCSFAzines.
Later I gave another Microcosm catalog to Judith Beeman (top of stairs at Canzine). Sadly my ride told me he was leaving and in the rush I forgot to zip back into the main room for a replacement Microcosm catalog.
adventure! said…
I think I gave out all the catalogs to people who were at the show, sorry. The best thing to do is check out the Microcosm site http://microcosmpublishing.com You can also request a catlog (or two) by sending them an email.
Anonymous said…
I just read your "Temporary Relocation Project" zine. You have one of the worst attitudes of any human being i have ever come across. From your imagined tormenting by "teenage boys in trucks with loud radios", your complaints about those tourists that are mysteriously always visiting the locations you are VISITING on a BIKE TOUR, those lousy begging raccoons, the kids who GAVE you FREE lemonade but were so unfortunate as to live in suburbia, to your unwillingness to pay for state provided amenities (because you spent all your money getting other people to fix your flat tire because you're too retarded to know how to fix it yourself) The phrase "jumping the gun" comes to mind. It's quite amazing! Not only that, but you're printing & selling the rough draft! (which is supposedly proof-read by Krissy Durden but given the amazing mistake of reprinted text i'm not sure she did more than skim over it & i can't blame her!)

congratulations, this might be the worst zine ever!
adventure! said…
Dear "Lemtourrac" (because I don't have the effort to type out your full name right now), since you didn't give contact info, I'll just have to reply here:
We here at tfr Industries are concerned about your comments. We are sorry that the zine titled "Temporary Relocation Project" did not meet your strict requirements for what a zine could or should be. If you would like to get a full refund on your purchase, please send your copy (along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope) to PO Box 14185, Portland, OR 97293-0185
Please wait one to three months for reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Of Fires and Floods: Ansonia CT 06401

Are you still here? That's cool!