Itineraries-Leg 1-Cascadia

And now here's more detail on my trip. This is the itinerary for the first leg through Cascadia.

Today (Sat Aug 20) I take a northbound Amtrak Cascades train at 12.30pm from Portland. With a 90 minute layover in Seattle, I'll arrive in Mt. Vernon, Wash. around 7pm. From there I ride my bike westward to Anacortes. I'll camp around there, depending on how I feel and how much light I have, I'll either camp at Bay View State Park or Deception Pass State Park. Deception is definitely nicer, but Bay View is closer and I don't have to go up any hills to get there.

The next day (Sun Aug 21) I'll ride to the ferry terminal in Anacortes to get to Vancouver Island and ride from Swartz Bay ferry terminal to Victoria, a distance of approx. 15 miles. I'll spend the next few days in the West Coast's Most British City, enjoying the cute downtown and riding into nature on the Galloping Goose Trail.

Wednesday Aug 24 should find me taking the ferry to Salt Spring Island, the infamous hippie enclave of the Gulf Islands. If I don't get entranced by the patchouli and the beautiful scenery, I'll just spend a day there.

Thursday Aug 25 I'll take the ferry over to Vancouver, my most favorite city on the west coast right now. I'll be there for like five days. On the list is making another Breakfast on the Adanac happen (Fri 8/26), participating in their awesome Critical Mass (Fri), helping Pedal Play at a fair on Bowen Island (Sat 8/27), a comix jam (Sat), and the alt-comix fest (Sun 8/28). Intersperse that all with riding around, eating a lot of cheap pizza, samosas, and taking in the views.

Monday Aug 29th I'll take the train back down to Seattle, where I'll spend the night, and then hop the Empire Builder eastward on Tues Aug 30th, which will bring me to Leg 2 of this trip--my 400-mile bike adventure between Minneapolis and Chicago. More about that on a future post.

This'll probably be my last post before I leave town. Take care everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Fires and Floods: Ansonia CT 06401

Winding Down...

Are you still here? That's cool!