The Current Status Update.

Brought to you from the public library in Reedsburg, WI...

Since I'm at Day Six of the biketour and I'm still writing about stuff that happened three days ago, I should give a quick update on how things are right now...

The last couple of days of biking have been decent, through some nice countryside, but it's been going slower than I hoped due to three factors 1)weather-somewhat rainy 2)condition of bike path-dirt and 3)weight of bike. I was hoping to be rolling into Madison tonight, but it's noon and still 60 miles to town, so it looks like tomorrow will be the day. I guess that's how things roll on biketours. I'm a bit worn out and lonely and am excited to be hitting up a city (yes, a city) after almost a week of nothing but small towns. I still liked the small towns, I just want to be able to pause and relax for two or three days. And to complicate matters further, I just got some not-so-good news from Portland, the type that I'm going to need to address soon. That's dampening my mood a bit, and I'll have to put it out of my head for a couple days until I get off the road. Believe me, when you're bike touring, all you want to, or can be preoccupied with, is the basics: how far to ride, where/what to eat, when to rest, where to camp, how far to go today, what's the route, etc. Everything else is superfluous.

So far the weather's co-operating. It's about 80 out, sunny, but there's a chance of t-storms. Ugh. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90's, so I'm going to try to get on the road as early as possible to avoid the heat. And I also want to be in the hippie-lefty haven of Madison on the 11th. God knows what I'll see out in the country.

Look for updates of "Character Building" soon..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Fires and Floods: Ansonia CT 06401

Winding Down...

Are you still here? That's cool!