Itineraries-Leg 2-the Upper Midwest

I apologize for not updating this as much as I want or should, but that's what happens when you're on the road. You're internet time is scattered and limited, and the public library (where I'm at) only allows one hour. And besides, I'm busy out there doing stuff, I don't want to sit at a computer all day, right? Believe me, it's nice to have a break from the computer-box.

I haven't posted in almost a week, and have many tales to tell about my Vancouver stay and my travel to the midwest. But I will get to that soon. It's sort of weird to be posting about all the fun I have, sitting from a computer in Minneapolis, while 1000 miles downstream on the Mississippi we are witnessing the worst natural disaster in America since the San Francisco earthquake. It makes you think how temporary our great cities are...

To tide y'all over until I post about the past week's adventures, I'll fill you in on the details for the first half of September (it's September already?)
Right now (Thurs Sept 1st), I'm in Minneapolis. I'll be here till either Sunday or Monday, then I head southeastward on my bike to Cannon Falls, Minn. From there east on a bike path to Red Wing, Minn. and the Mississippi River. Stay overnight, ride along the Miss (Highway 61, even!) to Winona, Minn. and then cross the River Of Death to Wisconsin. From there I'll utilize over 100 miles of interconnected bike paths to get me east to near the Wisconsin Dells. From there, southeastward to Madison, which will be around Sept 10th. I'll stay there for a couple more days, and then east along the Glacial Drumlin trail to Milwaukee. I'll hopefully stay there for a couple days as well, then either bike or train south to Chicago, spend some time there, and then train south to Champaign, Ill. to hang out with friends. It's to the East Coast after that.

I'm still looking for a place to crash in Milwaukee, any help there would be great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Fires and Floods: Ansonia CT 06401

Winding Down...

Are you still here? That's cool!